The Mothers' Union is an international Christian charity that aims to demonstrate the Christian faith in action through the transformation of communities worldwide.
We are working with people of all faiths and none in 84 countries to promote stable marriage, family life and the protection of children through praying, enabling and campaigning. In total the Mothers’ Union has over four million members worldwide.
Our branch of Cumberworth, Denby and Denby Dale meets on a monthly basis and we have 22 members at this time. New members are always welcome or anyone who would like to come to our meetings to meet us would also be welcome.
Our aims and objectives are:
· To promote and support married life
· To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
· To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
· To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
· To help those whose family life has met with adversity
Our vision is of a world where God’s love is shown through loving, respectful and flourishing relationships. This is not a vague hope, but a goal we actively pursue by praying, campaigning and enabling.
Mothers’ Union is a Christian mission organisation working with people of all faiths and none. Mothers’ Union is firmly rooted in a voluntary ethos centred on mutual respect and collaboration. Our governance, leadership and programmes are undertaken and driven by members within their own communities worldwide.
Our work includes:
· Literacy and Development programmes worldwide to enable family members to be able to find employment.
· Marriage Guidance Programmes for those about to marry
· Parenting Programmes
· Providing goats and chickens to widows and orphans so that they can both feed their own families and then have goods to sell to others.
· Teaching craft skills so that families can produce goods to sell.
· Teaching both individual families and small communities how to grow seeds to enable them to sustain themselves and sell to others to raise income
· Working within prisons both running crèches and manning visitor centres where prison visitors can get a hot drink and someone they can talk to if they need to do so.
· Working at the United Nations in New York to put forward and support countries of the world in their efforts to eradicate domestic violence against women and children
· The above are on-going projects and in addition to this, the Mothers’ Union provide relief help to those displaced either by war or by acts of nature
The Mothers’ Union
Cumberworth, Denby and Denby Dale Branch
St Nicholas Church,